12.10.2009

only me

Thank you all for your well wishes... I am on the mend... so much so that I was able to go ice skating with my girls at work today.

The recreational therapist asked if I would show her how to do a "hockey stop" on skates. Seeing as I was an experienced skater (thanks to my heritage), I happily obliged. Midway through the stop the blade of my skate flew off... which meant I fell down. All I could do was laugh. And although I was shocked, of course something like that happened to me. I'm naturally clumsy so it makes perfect sense to have a skate malfunction. She had to help me off the ice as I'm not quite talented enough to skate on one foot.

Now to find out how much it costs to replace the blade.

6 comments:

rocky said...

True - only you!

Joy said...

That's kind of awesome. Glad to hear you didn't kill yourself and you're feeling better.

Dorienne said...

I didn't think a blade could fall off. Remember when dad broke his arm trying to show the boys how to stop? Funny.

brooke said...

seriously, who ever heard of the blade coming right off the skate! just your luck.

mskaz said...

I have never heard of that happening either!! But yeah, it would happen to you.

Didn't dad break his arm motorbiking?

I took skating lessons last year to learn how to do the hockey stop and skate backwards. Nailed it. Kinda.

Cory&SadieK said...

I totally wished that I could have been there for that!!!! I bet it was awesome.....ahhhh off campus groups. I miss 'em.