2.28.2010

proud

Canada I love you! Hockey I love you!

Gold medal in Hockey for Canada... I LOVE IT!

Today I really miss home.

I have fond memories of hockey games with my dad... listening as he taught me about off-sides, icing, penalties, and then plenty of high fives when the Flames scored. We would share nachos and I would scarf down a malt. Mostly I felt pretty special to get "dates" with my dad on a school night. Because of him it's the one sport that I actually understand. And it's the only sport that can get me all tied up in knots.

Gratefully today ended with a smile and not a frown...

1 comment:

Dorienne said...

I tried to listen to the rules of hockey, but in the end was more interested in the malts and nachos! However, nothing does beat watching your team win! Go CANADA!