5.31.2010

say what?

I'm not clumsy... right? Right! I've never mentioned falling over on my bike, dropping a screwdriver on my head, multiple wipe outs on my first mountain bike ride, tripping over carpet. Never. I'm graceful.

So today it was a TOTAL shock when I went on my first trail run ever and ended up FLYING when my left toe caught the tip of a very large, very obvious rock. I was just about to say to my friends "Wow, this view is gorgeous but I'm afraid if I don't look right in front of me I'll biff it." Well, before those words could come out of my mouth, I flew through the air in such a way that would make Superman jealous.

The double tragedy? I ripped my very nice, pricey compression tights. However, I am thinking the long sleeved and capri pants saved me from major skin damage.

Tonight I'm nursing my tender knee and tender ego.

3 comments:

Dorienne said...

I thought I was clumsy! You take the cake. Too bad about the tights.

rocky said...

It's a bit of weird picture - a quick glance and it could be a terrorist. How's it looking now?

aisy said...

Ha. It's healing. Although the scabs are in that itchy/hot stage. I'll have some more war wounds to show you come July. Ah my scarred up body.