7.09.2007

(sort of) obscene public acts

Lately my blogging has consisted of lazy list-making but it's so damn hot that I can't think straight. I've lost most of my will to live, lying listless on my bed, hoping food will just appear. It never does nor does some angel to wipe the sweat off my brow. When I do venture out in to the fiery furnace, I see all sorts of things that horrify and disgust me. So, in my starving, over-heated state, I present yet another list.

*One that never fails to make me shudder is barefoot in bathrooms. Several fearless fools appear each week in the gym locker room. The floor has got to be teaming with bacteria. Is it so hard to bring cheap flip flops to shower in? Even at the airport screening area, I bring socks (if I'm wearing sandals) because the thought of my skin touching the ground makes me want to vomit.

*Ladies, really, look in the mirror and take a long, honest look at the thong riding up over your jeans. It's grotesque. Perhaps there are a number of men who find it "hot" but spare the rest of us.

*Short shorts that show too much leg, short shirts that show too much jelly belly, low cut shirts that show too much boobage. Do some people lack mirrors or common sense? C'mon, like 2% of the population actually have the bodies to pull off exorbitant displays of flesh.

*Scratching. Men are the typical culprits in this department, although I have seen the occasional woman. Sure, down low may be itchy but show some discretion. It makes me uncomfortable so don't do it three feet away while facing me or during therapy when you're sitting on my couch.

Yes, I could write more but now that the air conditioner is kicking in, I suddenly feel happy.

3 comments:

Dainon. said...

If it's a guy, sometimes it's not scratching ... many times it's, well, "adjusting". Now have a heart!

As for most of the other stuff, though, I couldn't agree more.

aisy said...

one can adjust discreetly. is that too much to ask?

Anonymous said...

If you think teenage boys can be discreet in any way, let alone in playing with their man bits, you are crazy.

I don't see a lot of thong these days, which is nice. That really is a horrid look. I remember one time at the food court at the mall, there was a young teenage girl (12 or 13) with her family, rocking the thong look. I looked at my little girls and shuddered at the thought of them trying to pull that on me a few years down the road. Not gonna happen.

The Stampede grounds this weekend was like the opposite of eye candy. More like, eye cavities or something. Yikes... too much skin and never in a good way.