11.22.2008

the long slumber

Last night I think I slept about 14 hours. I fell asleep somewhere in the middle of the 8 p.m. show of What Not to Wear. I stumbled out of bed around 10:45 to brush my teeth, go to the bathroom and turn off the lights. There was another stumbling out of bed this morning to go to the potty, then briefly woke up to a text message and then drifted back to sleep. Just before 10 I woke up for the day. While part of me feels rather sluggish for sleeping so long, the other part was in desperate need. It's been one of those weeks. My body and mind desperately needed a break. Maybe bears have it right. Perhaps we should all spend a period of time hibernating.

I'm excited to head down to sunny Phoenix for American Thanksgiving. I'm sure Jo and I will find plenty of mischief.

Also, you'll note I put comment moderation on. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Obama post... I promise! There was a post I wrote a long time ago that someone wrote some pretty nasty stuff on. Sorry for the inconvenience.

6 comments:

Penny said...

What the heck is comment moderation?? Sleeping for 14 hours; i bet that is awesome.

aisy said...

it means i have to approve the message before it gets posted. lame... i know. oh, and sorry i won't be making it to the football fiesta. sleeping in means my day started out later than planned!! i don't know how i managed it, but i feel 15 again. who the heck can sleep that long anymore? apparently me.

Jo said...

I would like to now begin a sleep for the next 14 hours. I would also like to say that I hope Phoenix delievers and is Sunny. However, they say its going to get chilly, so you may want to bring some snow gear, it might drop down as low as 70 in the daytime... i'm just warning you. I wouldn't want you to freeze your kaboodle off.

Joy said...

14 hours? Awesome!

mskaz said...

Moderate this, biatch!

Um, I wish I could get a long slumber in somewhere. You must have needed it!

Have fun in Phoenix, should be a good time. This weekend I will be trying to catch up with laundry and sorting out my scary back hallway. Your weekend sounds a bit more fun.

aisy said...

always so polite sista! ha...

enjoy your weekend. i'm looking at my mound of laundry and realizing i should be starting it before i jet-set