1.12.2009

parallels

House hunting is a lot like dating. It takes awhile to fall in love with one, then you worry if you're making the right choice, never fully comprehending the risk you are taking until you commit. You might even find the PERFECT match but then you get rejected... or you find out it isn't so perfect after all so you walk away.

But then you analyze it over and over and over again in your head. You weigh out all the pros and cons, you try to justify why it might work. Your friends are expressing their concerns, not sure if it/he is the right one for you. You listen, but secretly you don't want to give up the dream. You want to believe it's the right thing.

You lie awake at night thinking about it, stressing about it, wanting it to be the perfect match. But it's never perfect, only "pretty darn close."

The only difference I've seen through this whole process is that a house is going to cost a helluva lot more than getting married. And while it can't break up with me, it could lose a lot of equity. Ah relationships.

6 comments:

annette said...

I always felt that getting approved for a mortgage was like meeting a boyfriend's parents for the first time.

mskaz said...

You think a house costs more than marriage? I think R would disagree. Hahaha.

Good luck. As with marriage, I say don't rush into anything and don't settle for almost perfect!

Penny said...

Do you need therapy??!! Jen and I can help; if we can't help we do have candy in our office!!

aisy said...

Ha ha. Good one Annette. And Dani, I guess I meant getting married not marriage itself.

Penny, yes, therapy PLEASE. ha ha

Dorienne said...

No, marriage IS expensive! Look at all of Robb and Dani's toys! Plus, you throw in some kids and bang...all your money is gone. Good luck. House hunting/selling is a very emotional and stressful thing. Marriage is much, much better. (I think)

Megs said...

I love that parallel!