3.09.2009

things seen at church

1. A helium balloon make its way up to the chapel. I'm still not sure where the blue balloon came from but I think it was really wanting a shot at the pulpit. 

2. A woman tripping over something in the aisle during Sunday school. Although I could feel her mortification, I was impressed that she ran through the trip and never hit the ground. It was actually something to be proud of. I would have gone down HARD. 

3. Then in the final hour (seriously, who came up with three hours worth of church!?!?!), the teacher's button on her blouse came undone. The bra looked supportive, yet cute but didn't quite match her hot pink top. I'm not exactly sure when she noticed it was undone because I was distracted by the flirting 1 year olds, but I was relieved when it was re-buttoned. I wonder if anyone ever told her that it was over 10 minutes. 

6 comments:

Liz said...

Was that all in the same day?? At least you got a little entertainment!

aisy said...

yes, all in one day. it's what made church bearable! ha ha

Anonymous said...

The blouse thing reminded me of when I had to stand up in class and present a portion. When I sat down I saw that my boobs (breast-feeding days) had leaked and there were 2 perfectly round circles front and centre. Fortunately it was just all women.

Joy said...

Oh, that's awesome. I rarely get three great things like that during church.

Monica said...

I don't know who I'm more uncomfortable for, the tripper, the gapper, or the bishop who had to sit on the stand and act like the wandering baloon was not a big deal.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Being that I'm in primary, I get a chuckle out of the kid doing a little nasal exam, putting their dress above their head, talking with their friends, and their wacky comments.
While primary can be a real pain, it is much more entertaining than RS.