7.20.2009

surprise!

I really wasn't going to come home... but I knew I couldn't resist if everyone else was there. So just over a week before the Bostonians were coming, I booked a flight with my points. With my sister as my accomplice I decided to surprise the family. There were some double takes, a punch in the arm, and maybe a few tears (crier will remain anonymous). The surprises were fun... but not as fun as the whole week.

Highlights:
1. The stampede with the kids. Smiles, holding hands, screams on the rides, allergies in the barns.

2. The stampede with the adults. Chuck wagons, rides, brother screaming like a girl on rides, sister laughing so hard she was crying on the ride, caramel apples x 2.
3. Mocha mud pies, laughing so hard on the way home, kid wearing my glasses with a fake smile.

4. Sunday afternoon drive, Kananaskis country, renewed love of my homeland.
5. Games, laughs, brain scars, more laughs.

Lowlights:
1. Feeling sick from so much junk food.
2. Two days of pouring rain, no beach days, nasty tan lines still in force.
3. Running out of time.
4. Saying goodbye to everyone for another year.

The time always goes so quickly. I always have intentions to see others or do something different but in the end I want to absorb as much of the family as possible. The kids are so funny and always changing... and I want to be a part of that as much as possible. I love every one of them.

8 comments:

rocky said...

It was really good to have you here too - we knew you couldn't resist - just thought it would be a last minute drive up.
Love ya

Monica said...

I am so glad you went, time with the kids is irreplaceable and worth the effort.

Cory&SadieK said...

Aislinn-what a nice girl you are to surprise your family like that. I love your homeland too--we actually might be going to edmonton. I'm super, super, super, super jealous that you got to go to the stampede. Did they do the milking?????

rockstar said...

You are so sweet - what a great idea to surprise everyone! I had a similar Stampede experience, laughing and screaming included.

brooke said...

so glad you came, and sorry we missed some of the time with you!

mskaz said...

Yes! It was so fun. I'm amazed I kept the secret for a week.

The girls miss you but are SO excited for our trip in August. Should be a good time!!

Mel said...

Whoa flashback! I could have sworn a few of those boys were Mikey as a kid! What a fun surprise! Glad you had fun! Calgary? I miss it.

Dorienne said...

We are glad you joined in the fun. It wouldn't have been the same with out you.