8.30.2009

i'm the king of the world...


You know it's a good vacation when it involves Titanic re-enactments. I went to Vancouver Island earlier this month to spend some quality time with my folks, sister and her two adorable kids. It was what a vacation should be.

We rode a ferry (and saw Orca's on the way back)


Went to Sooke and went on some cool ziplines


Enjoyed the scenery in Sooke


Checked out Victoria Harbour


Sailed!


And rode some rides in Seattle.

This picture really epitomizes how fun the trip was.

Other non-pictured highlights...
-Watching Parker catch rain with her mouth which resulted in a soaking top
-Finally getting ice cream at the Big Moo
-Running by the ocean
-Being told by the Sushi man that I have a "nice shape and beautiful."
-Retelling family sailing stories, especially those involving my little brother
-Having my sister catch me from gossiping about a stranger that happened to be on the same bus as us

8 comments:

mskaz said...

That was an awesome vacation! I totally forgot about stopping you from talking about the old lady with big boobahs on the bus! Funny.

Very good time. We need to go longer next time!

Penny said...

I love the first pic! Did you audition for Titanic, if so they made a bad choice, you would have been perfect!

aisy said...

I was the first pick, but wasn't comfortable showing my "boobah". So it went to Ms. Winslet.

Dani, true... NOT LONG ENOUGH.

HRH said...

People always say the oddest things to you.

In other news, jealous. Sailing. Never been and the longing has only become more intense after seeing this post!

:)

Mel said...

That looks like an amazing vacation! Beautiful place. Great company. Lots of laughter.

rocky said...

We did have fun!

rockstar said...

Man, i love your posts! They make me happy. Family time is so awesome, and the west coast makes it even better. Great pictures!

Dorienne said...

That is a great shot of you and Avery. Fun times.