8.23.2009

timp

Timpanogos at sunrise... need I say more?


Well, I will... For those of you that don't know Timpanogos is the looming peak just up Provo Canyon. I have wanted to hike this mountain for years and this summer WAS the year. We started our hike at 2 a.m. with our headlamps, toques, and snacks. We reached the summit just as the sun came up and it was spectacular... and cold! We decided to go down the glacier but at 7 a.m. the snow was more ice than snow which made for a dangerous trek down (Chris's back is living proof).



Great company and great views. I loved it!



8 comments:

Penny said...

Where was the invite?? You think a fat pregnant person can't make it up the mountain?? Ha Ha you know me well there is no way I could do that pregnant or not!!

aisy said...

a-i think this was when you were out of town
b-you are not fat
c-you could totally make it up pregnant or not! but since you go to bed at 9 now that you're pregnant i don't think you would have liked a night hike

Dainon. said...

Sunset ... or sunrise? Ha. I've done that hike a couple times. Grand lil jaunt.

rocky said...

Beautiful pictures

aisy said...

Oops, thanks for catching the slip Dainon. It has been changed!

Dorienne said...

Looks beautiful.

Cory&SadieK said...

I've been wanting to do Timp for years and this year isn't my year, but I look forward to taking pics as cool as yours next year. Were there tons of people? We hiked scout falls and we saw tons and tons of people hiking Timp. The other hike I did this year was Silver Lake up AF Canyon.

aisy said...

It was busier as we headed down but at 2 am we were the only ones on the trail! I think it is much busier during the daylight hours...