11.15.2009

nothing but the truth

There are times when I sit in therapy wondering what important details my clients are omitting from their stories. Details that would likely help them (and help me help them) in making some changes. Changes that would make their life better. I can't force it out of them. I can't always be sure my intuition is right. But I choose to believe I'm brilliant so I must be right!

And there are times outside of my work life when information would enlighten a situation. It seems like this week was full of unknown details that came to light. It isn't anything I want to publicly write about... I guess I too want to omit certain details in this forum. I do know that I'm grateful for a new week and I hope for less surprises. I hope for more loose tongues and upfront, straightforward discussions in all spheres of my life.

7 comments:

brooke said...

you ARE brilliant!

Monica said...

Amen!

mskaz said...

Yeah that would be helpful, eh?

And for the record, I don't necessarily think you are brilliant. Maybe above average, but not as smart as me.

Dorienne said...

Good luck!

Penny said...

Yes you are brilliant! That's why you are such an amazing therapist!

rocky said...

I'm glad we chatted earlier so that I could read between the lines here... you are both brilliant and wise!

aisy said...

Thank you, minus my adoring sister, on all the kind words. If I had better writing skills I think I'd write a bestselling novel on all the adventures of my life this last month. Ha ha.