11.30.2009

things that must go

Well the only thing I have energy to write about is one thing that really must go...

Public groups on Facebook for people getting married

Sure there are lots of clever ways to state they're getting hitched. Recent ones I've seen "So and So and their Carnival of Love", "So and So are getting married!!!!", "Team So and So. We're getting married!!!" And no, I am not a bitter single woman. I just don't understand why people will give out their address in a group that is public content. Anyone can access it.

People... make your group private or better yet, send a personal email or phone call asking for addresses you don't have. I guess I still believe that weddings should be for close family and friends so getting an address shouldn't be too difficult OR too public.

There I said it.

*If you, or someone close to you, has had one of these groups, this is not a personal attack. But really, it must go!

5 comments:

Cory&SadieK said...

I know! I'm amazed when people put their addresses on facebook! Plus seriously it is kind of crazy to get an invite on facebook a mass calling in.

Jenn said...

I agree 100%. I would never post my address on one of those groups. And personally, I did not see the need to create one of those groups when I got married. If I didn't have someone's address/phone number/email address already, they probably didn't need an invitation. Plus, I think it's just good manners to personally request an address. P.S. - The group names people come up with are pretty funny...everyone tries really hard to be unique, but they're all the same.

Dorienne said...

I know! I really don't like them either. I always send a personal message to give my address out. I can never understand why others give it out so publicly!

mskaz said...

I don't get why people do that either. It's tacky and lazy and bizarre.

Monica said...

Check this out. This guy, in front of the entire crowd, busted out his PDA to update his facebook status as soon as he said "I do". Tacky, lame, etc.