12.25.2005

Merry Christmas to All

Today I celebrated my first Christmas outside of Canada. I headed to Boston to stay with my brother and his family, along with my parents who came to celebrate State-side. Last night we did the reenactment of the Savior's birth. My two year old niece was Mary, my 6 year old nephew was Joseph, my 4 year old nephew was a wise man, grandpa played a shepherd, and I was an angel (as always)... the other adults sat out. My nieces and nephews looked adorable. I'm sure you are all sad to miss the picture of me standing on a chair shouting praises. They're likely lurking on my brother's camera.

The Christmas service today was excellent, as the organist was absolutely amazing. Apparently he is doing his Ph.D. in choral arrangement. I really enjoyed singing along with his playing. I felt the spirit of the season and gratitude for the Savior's birth and death. After dinner we had a musical number by nephews and friends on recorders that one particularly naughty auntie bought them. It was rather amusing. This was followed by yet another nativity reenactment to which I sat out. It was a very Merry day indeed.

I wish all of you the best this season, and in the New Year. May we all find a little more joy and peace in our own lives and throughout the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Does it top my sister singing grace while I conduct her (this is done as off-key as possible), a wrestling match on the rocking chair where we couldn't even breathe we were laughing so hard as the pumpkin tart flew across the room at Lori's fiances' parents, and an Arrested Development Marathon - season 2 done!

aisy said...

anonymous (or should i say lisa)... that doesn't sound near as fun as mine. you'll have to tell me more about that flying tart!