2.18.2007

take a break

I've noticed an unsettling trend with mp3 players. More and more people are wearing them while they are with others. I saw a dad walking with his family while listening to his iPod. Then last week I saw a couple holding hands while the boy was contently listening to music. A guy that wants to hold my hand is also going to be courteous enough to take a break from music. Seriously people, you can't just enjoy conversation? I love my shuffle when jogging or skiing but when I'm with people, I want to enjoy people. Take the buds out and try to just enjoy life... and people.

6 comments:

Dainon. said...

Buds are the new "people".

Anonymous said...

saw the same kind of what i would consider ruadeness - the cell phone. there was a couple sitting next to us and the lady was texting on her cell phone. stop the insanity! i'm only 31 years young and starting to wonder if the ideals i grew up with are out of style. heck, this should be happening when i'm 65 right?

ninjutation said...

i also don't understand why people share one set of headphones. students wo it in class all the time. i wound rather sit in silence than have only one ear phone in... but that is probably just me.

Anonymous said...

anon brings up a good point too, these 'technologys (MP3, cell phone, blackberry) that were intended to 'free' ourselves from the constrains of the home or office have, it seems to me, tightened the chains of work etc. around our necks even more.
Why - like aisy said, can't you just take a walk with a loved one and have NO distractions?

Anonymous said...

and while I'm on my'soapbox', I just don't get the whole texting thing, isn't it just easier to CALL someone? I know that there are times when you can't use a phone, but I always see people texting! Maybe I'm prematurely aging and my peer group doesn't do it, but I just don't get it - and it costs extra, doesn't it?

aisy said...

well, you can get texting on your phone, and sometimes if you don't want to use up your minutes or don't want to have a long conversation... texting is the answer.

sharing headphones = lame.

kids these days.