4.20.2007

mary jane

On a particularly dark day several months ago my mother said to me "you certainly are an up and down girl, aren't you?" It wasn't the most comforting of words but I love her despite her timing. If she could actually prescribe me medication for my bipolar moments, I might love her even more! She does live on an island that is crawling with folks happy to sell me some medicinal plants to ease any anxieties I may have. I bet those same people enjoyed said herbs today, being 04/20 at 4:20 p.m.

Happy birthday Mom. Stay away from the any special birthday brownies. Thanks for sometimes saying the right thing at the wrong time. It provides humour after the fact.

5 comments:

Dainon. said...

Aww. I remember when you were that little. Seems like only yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Yes, happily belated birthday mom!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of us - it was on the Yorkshire Downs right around your 2nd birthday - though I doubt you remember that. Spent a spectacular birthday on the West Coast of Vancouver Island - cool - but no special birthday brownies!
I'll try to improve my timing when offering advice in future. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hey... that was really cool! Did you see the time of my last comment?

Anonymous said...

The timing of your post... coincidence or are you really getting into the island grove.