4.14.2007

tips

Here are the travel tips that I will take with me on my next adventure:

1. Always break your Chaco's in several weeks before any excursion. This avoids the embarrassing "tacky tourist" look but the socks provided much needed protection for my blisters. Let's give a round of applause to Lisa for taking this candid shot.
2. Always stop to see the views...

take a cold dip and swim in waterfalls...


because even though the eight hour excursion on the road to hana can be exhausting, it's well worth it. (Even if our faces at the seven sacred pools didn't show it).
3. Take any opportunity to see the sun rise, especially atop Haleakala. It was truly majestic.

4. Even though three can be a crowd, it is always worth the squeeze. I can't believe how much my nieces adored the sand and beach... does it show?

5. Swim with the turtles, get lost in a book and take time for yourself.

Thank you Hawaii, and thank you Lisa for being a great travel buddy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

tip 1.a - medical tape is an amazing way to protect rub spots. Use of medical tape does not stand out as much as socks, and makes you look hard-core.

On camping trips I have ended up in socks and sandals on the odd occassion. No pictures were permitted though.

The pics were great.

aisy said...

yes, there was definitely better options but we neglected to go to a store prior to embarking on the hike so i went with that eyesore. lisa snuck that shot in and i didn't even see it till i was home!

Dainon. said...

Back in my day, we allowed our Chacos to rub our feet bloody raw, but we never wore socks. That was a no-no.

As for the pics, goooorgeous. Wish I were there. Did you come back with a tan?

Anonymous said...

Oh she is tanned. Remember that woman in There's Something About Mary? That tanned.

Haha.

aisy said...

yes, yes, aisy is a wimp when it comes to blisters. no shame there. bloody raw? nooo thanks.

and dani exaggerates my tan. she's such a whitey that anyone would look like the leathery old woman from TSAM (or a bar star... the other name she called me) standing next to her. but yes, for a kelly, i got a decent tan.