9.02.2007

the week of the ma'am

On Friday I was shopping at Dani's favourite store that she rarely gets to visit (due to her location). As I was perusing the aisles a friendly guy dressed in a red shirt and khaki's asked "Do you need any assistance ma'am?" I responded "No, thank you." Not more than five minutes later another worker asked me again "Can I help you with anything ma'am?" Either Target is using a new customer service strategy or I must have looked old* and confused. I'm hoping it's the latter as I prefer to shop in peace.

*Three ma'ams in one week is starting to qualify me for the older woman status.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... maybe you have a BIG birthday coming up and you are sending out the old lady vibes. Or maybe you just have that old lady smell??

aisy said...

i know, i know... better buy some perfume!

Christopher Stogdill said...

My general rule when I was in retail was if they were younger than me it was "Miss", my age or older it was "Ma'am".

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were in REI. I hope Target has not incorporated a strategy like REI. I need a sign for that store - I'll place it on my forehead - "Yes, I am finding what I need. I'll find someone if I need help. Thank you."