10.02.2007

things to do in september

Just in case your September was dull, I'll give you some ideas for next year. My September was pretty fabulous.

Start your September with a mommy/daughter road trip. You can go anywhere, but my mom and I chose Moab. She was a super trooper on our several hikes in Arches National Park.





Pretty isn't it?

Turn 30, or at least pretend you just turned 30. I'm now discovering how fantastic it is. Your friends might be sneaky and decorate your office floor to ceiling. It was amazing and embarrassing.


Be sure to show appreciation to those that sent flowers. Top of a big birthday with pedicures and dinner with your closest friends (and phone calls with those far away).

Once you are feeling the vibe that 30 brings, socialize and flirt like crazy. It will score you two dates in one day (for you married folk, don't accept unless it is from your spouse). What can I say? I'm hot!

Book a flight to Boston and Vegas in October. This gives you something to look forward to once September is over.

Attend an Arcade Fire concert. The set will amaze you, as will their energy. Check out Dainon's blog for a more thorough review. Absolutely fantastic.

Round out your month with a trip to Vernal. You might just get an invite to participate in a cattle drive. The real cowboys will laugh at your city slicker-ness but it will still be worth it. I'm sure I would laugh at someone trying to get their horse to stop galloping or holding on for dear life as the beast jumps a ditch. However, if you get a chance to do something as cool as this, bring your camera. You will regret not being able to share the images that are in your head. It truly was a beautiful site to see... cows, mountains, horses, sun setting.

September really has proved to me (like Lisa says) that 30 really is the new 20, except you're smarter and richer. I'm pretty stoked about the next 10 years.

8 comments:

Dainon. said...

Happy birfday ... belated.

Anonymous said...

Have missed your blog - looked for it almost every day. This was a great one to start back with. I'm glad it was such a great month and that you're having such a good time being 30. It was pretty good for me too.

Anonymous said...

Loved your post Ais, glad to again be reading your words of wisdom. Looks like you had an action packed month, here's hoping October will bring more of the same!

Jo said...

I WANT TO BE THIRTY FLIRTY AND THRIVING, THIRTY FLIRTY AND THRIVING, THIRTY FLIRTY AND THRIVING.... I wanna be like you!

awe, and you have a window in your office now.

Anonymous said...

What the heck? I know I left a post here. Well, whatever witty and intelligent thing I said, I can't recall.

So, um, glad it was a good month!

Francine said...

Smarter, richer, yes. But let's not forget HOTTER, Aislinn. Stop being modest.

I just caught up on your blog and I'm amazed/obsessed (in a Single White Female kind of way) with your summer of accomplishment. HO-LY! I want you to come to Van and life-coach me into similar feats of strenght, endurance and awesomeness. C'mon... it'll be fun!

aisy said...

awww, thanks everyone. so sweet.

and sarah, if i came to van, could i get a cool 'do like yours? i'm always so amazed by how awesome yours is.

sorry folks for the delay again in posting. jo is in town and i'm having too much fun to do any blogging. vegas weekend coming soon. so fun.

Anonymous said...

Come to Van! I'll introduce you to my stylist. She has a full-sleeve tattoo and a gold tooth and she says "That's dope."

And then we'll eat sushi and go on dates with 23 year olds (that's just what happens here).