10.25.2007

the master of tact

On Monday's there is a very attractive swim coach in the lane beside me. I have admired him from afar but did not have the courage to talk to him. My friend talked to him (she's married) this past week and we discovered he worked at another treatment centre. We were unsure if he was married or not, and truthfully, I didn't really want to know! This past Monday, Kris and I were talking in the locker room, and jokingly I said "He was checking me out and even gave me a smile." Right as I was saying this, the female coach that was assisting him walked by us. I was completely mortified. In doing some research I found out he was married. So there I am, exaggerating the truth about a hot married man, making a complete fool of myself and he might actually find out what I said. Anytime I think of this story I want to find a large rock to hide under.

My three choices are to a) never go back to that pool again, b) avoid any and all eye contact and pretend I never said anything like that and hope the girl didn't tell him I said anything like that, or c) start a friendly conversation and act normal.

I'm leaning toward a or b. I can't count how many times I have done something similarly stupid. I don't think I will ever learn my lesson.

7 comments:

sharleen said...

That is hilarious. Is there any possibility the assistant could assume you were talking about some other hot swim coach? My most embarrassing moment actually happened at a swimming pool. It involves a really long line for a swim race, and an extremely full bladder. (I was ten)

Sara said...

I think you should do a mixture of b and c. I mean, it sounds like acting normal involved avoiding any and all eye contact before, so why not just continue with that or the occasional hi?

Joy said...

I agree with sara. That being said, I totally empathasize and think I'd probably do a or b.

Jo said...

Whatever, your totally hot, which gives you the license to do what ever you want, whenever you want. He would be flattered to know that you were even interested.

aisy said...

i know, i know, i'm a totaly idiot danielle. i can't help it, and shar, that story is AWESOME. i can't believe i haven't heard it before.

sherp and sara, if i was as mature as the two of you, i wouldn't likely do stupid things like that in the gym. i will try to talk both your advice, but no promises.

jo, thank you for being the voice of reason, he may have been flattered, but it doesn't stop my continued embarrassment. i know you know

Anonymous said...

You could always wait until the assistant walks by and then turn on him, and scream, "Look creep, I know your're married. Quit hitting on me."

If that goes over well, you could then smile and say, "Just kidding."

And then high five Kris, and smirk at the assistant.

Sara said...

Lest you think I am really that mature, that is the advice I GIVE, but I personally would probably take a brief (a few months at least) sabbatical from that pool.