4.16.2008

i'm a slacker

I want to blog, I really do. But when I get home, it's the last thing on my mind. This past month has been a whirlwind of work visa, taxes, and craziness at work. I've likely lost all my readers and maybe one day I will redeem myself.

Today I started race season preparation. I am now a proud owner of my very own wetsuit and aerobars for my bike. My first race is this Saturday but involves neither of those items. It's the SLC half marathon. All it requires is my legs (and my head game). Let the racing begin.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

never fear, I have your rss feed bookmarked so I am notified when you write. A half marathon, I don't know how one can even consider running something like that. it baffles me.

Dainon. said...

How was it running into that wind, eh? I totally chickened out two weeks before it was to take place. Ah well.

aisy said...

sometimes the wind was behind me, which was awesome... other times, not so awesome. but it was a good race overall. nice course. i was happy with my time but now dealing with blisters and sore knees (realizing i might want different shoes if i do a marathon)

Dainon. said...

I have Bryce Canyon in July to train for. I now understand what they mean by calling it a "fast" race. Gotta love that downhill. What was your time for this one, hmm?

aisy said...

bryce looks like a fun one. i did hobblecreek last year and it was mostly downhill too... much faster time than today. today's time was 2:13 something. just over 10min/mile. i'd love to get in around 9:30min/mile but i need to train better. plus, i was fighting sickness today. but still, i was happy.

Anonymous said...

Good job Aislinn! The whole marathon thing exhausts me just thinking about it. I'm very impressed. I can't ever see myself doing anything where I know I'll end up sore and with blisters. On purpose, I mean.

Joy said...

aerobars! I have a pair on my roadbike that I'm really tempted to sell.

aisy said...

dang. i just bought a pair