3.20.2008

when life happens

Ever have a week where you get punched, either figuratively or literally?

Sunday night I slept peacefully not fully anticipating the storm about to hit Monday. Boy did it ever hit. I've slept fitfully ever since. Today I pondered if this was the most stressful week of my life. And even if it is, I know I will have harder ones to come. The beauty of this week is knowing I am strong enough to weather the storms of my life. I know I will get through them. I also know that life is pretty darn good despite all the weight I am currently carrying.

That is the most peaceful thing I know at this point in my life. Storms can come but I've got enough of my emergency kit in place to survive.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Weird, this is pretty much what I've been going through this week. Not the most stressful week ever, but probably the most in the last six months or so.

HRH said...

I think you meant, "Girl did it ever hit." Eh? Drive safe and fast!

Sara said...

I am with you and Sherpa on this one. This week was a doozy for me. So bizarre in its stress. Not the MOST stressful ever, but completely blindsided me.

But I am able to look beyond the immediate stress to the sunny days to come.

Anonymous said...

Bummed I missed you this weekend. Because if I had seen you, I surely would have said, "Dude, I'd hit that!" Wah-wahhhhh.

Jo said...

Bring on the hurricane. Who you trying to crazy with ESE? Don't you know I'm loco?

Anonymous said...

okay blogger chick, enough of the vacation from the blogging world, get crackin!!!