4.20.2008

venice...

I went to Venice.

Not this one:

But this one:


I had the privilege of going with Her Royal Highness. She had the privilege of experiencing a Venice beach washroom. If you follow her link, you'll see one of the fine places one can use to drain their bladder. Having experienced this once before I was more mentally prepared than her. However, I was unprepared to have a man tell me I was "stunning" as I washed my hands. I must have looked rather shocked, as he quickly followed it up with "I mean that in the most G-rated sort of way." It was flattering but "stunning"? Not an adjective I'm used to hearing about my looks. Cute, pretty... sure. But stunning? Hmm, that's stretch.

Of course, when you're surrounded by mountains it is important to always get your feet wet when you see the ocean (even if it is freezing cold).


Always a sucker for beautiful men, especially ones playing b-ball or skate tricks, HRH caught me in the act.


She allowed me to pollute her ears with sinful hip-hop music and I allowed her to pollute my body with In-N-Out burgers and fries. Overall we were a pretty good balance for a work/fun trip to LA. Cause this is why, this why, this is why we're hot.

6 comments:

Sara said...

I like to read about your trip to LA while I am currently in LA on a trip too. But I am on the other side of town and it would take hours to get to the ocean :( I will just have to live vicariously through you.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back - I've missed your blog. Love the pics.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why I wasn't invited on your LA trip. I guess you have a new friend to hang out with. Sniff. Maybe again one day.

aisy said...

she is my friend AND coworker. seems like the last few times i invited you, you had some other FAMILY obligation or vacation....

annette said...

I'd take either Venice, really. Stupid April blizzard.

Speaking of freaky California bathroom experiences, when I was in Fresno years ago I saw my first (and last) female urinal. I took a picture. And then ran away. I mean, I'm a feminist and all but there are just some things men can keep to themselves.

Anonymous said...

Nasty bathroom picture on your friends blog!!! We just rented beach cruisers today, I love them, especially the seat - I think I need one on my mountain bike. I also have a tag along attachment so Spencer is on a little bike hitched to mine, it is nice to have a little engine behind me!!