7.17.2008

cash folks

Yesterday I did a little shopping at Costco while I had my tires rotated (safety first when you are roadtripping it). After I purchased my things, I went to the in-house food place to get a drink to quench my thirst. It came to $1.56 and I only had 79 cents on me, so I pulled out my debit card. I was informed that they only take cash or cheque. Seriously??? I could see the credit card machines behind the counter. I had just spent 70 bucks on four items and this guy is telling me I can't use my card? So, my little drink went to waste and I left miffed. Once the drink has been poured, it's only going to get chucked. They should have just given it to me for free to aid in my irritation AND embarrassment. I know I should carry cash, but who the crap carries cheques anymore?

Ridiculous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always surprised by how often people use cheques when I go to the states. I always see someone paying for their gas and/or groceries with a cheque. Next thing you know they'll be paying with chickens or animal pelts.

Joy said...

That's funny, because on this side of the States--no one uses checks. I was just in a business with my best friend and we were both surprised it used checks. Utah though is a little behind the curve.

Mark said...

I had the exact same experience except I just went over to the bank machine to get some cash because I was still hungry and of course the bank machines there charge you $1.75 to take cash out!!! Grrrr

Jo said...

what? no looney? :) did i mention i love your canada? your people? your driving partnership?