9.08.2008

bullseye

Today is my running partner's birthday so I stopped by the red bullseye store to get her a birthday card. I found a card that seemed perfect as it joked about Prozac and hallucinogens, seeing as she's a school counselor and I'm a therapist. I was quite pleased with my choice as I headed to the register. The clerk fiddled with the card for a bit, so I assumed she was trying to find the price. In fact, her delay was due to her keen desire to read the card. Perhaps I wouldn't have minded the delay, but she stated "Oh, that's so mean." To which I responded "I think it's funny." What I really wanted to say was "Lady, you're paid to ring up my items not poke your nose in to my stuff and give me your unsolicited opinion." 

As a side note, I also had to remind her twice that I did not need a bag. 

7 comments:

mskaz said...

That is kinda hilarious! I'm sorry, but I can find no fault in anything that has to do with Target. I guess curious employees is the price you have to pay for being able to shop in heaven.

aisy said...

well, it was more than her curiosity... she seemed to lack social mores

Anonymous said...

oh lighten up miss grouchy pants!

aisy said...

i was more being snarky... not grouchy... big difference rocky

aisy said...

see, my comment to you... that was grouchy! ha ha. LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

ditto - love you too!

Mark said...

I like to pronounce the name of the bullseye store en francais just for fun and to make people ask questions...