10.23.2009

giggles

Usually my house is quiet and peaceful... except when some unwanted visitors paid a visit two weeks ago (not my parents, but the mice they so lovingly disposed of for me). I loved having my parents around. I don't think I've eaten that well in months. And they even helped me paint the place. I couldn't ask for better parents.

But tonight was a special night filled with little kid laughter. My two nieces christened my home with giggles and dancing and singing. We snuggled under blankets, they each ate their chocolate treat of choice and introduced me to the world of High School musical. Parker managed to set off a mouse trap which gave her a good fright and me a good reason to say "probably time for bed." As Parker snuggled in super close in the bed, with her arm draped across my stomach and her stuffie (aka stuffed animal) wedged between us, digging in to my back, I could only smile. Tonight this place felt even more like a home.



On the agenda tomorrow: Lucky Charms. Isn't it every Auntie's job to sugar them up before the folks pick them up???

4 comments:

rocky said...

yes... your house is becoming a home!

Dorienne said...

Lucky girls....lucky you! Sounds like a party at Auntie's home. Where was this picture taken?

Monica said...

So sweet. The post made me smile.

mskaz said...

I asked the girls what the favourite part of the trip was and they both said the sleepover at auntie's house! Lucky kids!!

Dor, that picture was taken on the ferry from Seattle to Sidney, Aislinn was falling asleep and the girls were totally being goofy. It was hilarious!