1.01.2010

not sweet

A few weeks back I told a good friend that she was "nice but not sweet." At first she was a wee bit offended until I explained that it was not an insult, and in fact I was neither sweet nor nice.

Case in point...

A insignificant friend from junior high posted a status update on Facebook that read

"Who wants to be my 1000th friend?! The prize is you get to be my friend!!!"

And right then I decided it would be highly amusing to delete him as a friend so that he would now have to get TWO more friends to reach the elusive 1000! When you have that many "friends" you won't know who did the deleting. I entertained myself with the thought of him realizing he lost a friend but unsure of who the cruel person was... and the fact that I haven't spoken to him since I was 14 I wasn't too worried about hurt feelings.

Today I remembered that I de-friended him. Much to my pleasure I found out his profile is public! So I was able to snoop on his page. The day I deleted him this was his status update:

"
Someone unfriended me! WTF? Now they will miss out on abundant witticisms, glorious commentary and incessant creeping:(" (However, anyone can creep on his page without being his friend, and I have yet to miss his witticisms and glorious commentary).

I laughed and laughed and laughed. See? I'm not sweet or nice but I sure can entertain myself.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome! 1000 friends?? really?

mskaz said...

I totally love this! I was laughing when you told me to do it, but it's even funnier that you can still read his page! Bwahahah!

I'm not sweet or nice either. I could work on being nicer I suppose, but I can't ever see myself being sweet. Oh well.

Monica said...

Clearly I'm neither. This post made me laugh so hard and wish I could come up with something equally great.

rocky said...

Makes me feel insecure - seems I only have 27 friends. So how come you have 267 when you're neither nice or sweet?

Jenn said...

Hahahahaha. That is awesome and he deserves to be defriended for being so pompous.

Cory&SadieK said...

hehehehehehe!! I was really thinking hahahahaha, but Jenn stole it!!! Hilarious.. I'm glad you deleted him-I always wonder why people need to friend that many people.

papa said...

Her father's daughter. It only confirms his long ago advice, that you really should have been a lawyer. Of course, there is always a place for mean therapists, too.

aisy said...

Rocky... some people just like mean! And Papa, I couldn't be more proud to be your mean therapist daughter!!!

annette said...

You know what's better than being sweet? Being funny. And you can consider that mission accomplished!