9.26.2005

weekend wrap-up

Okay, so occasionally I feel a desire to share my random life events that are probably of no particular interest to others. On Friday my love of hockey was back in full force. My brother-in-law gave me his tickets for the exhibition game for the Calgary Flames versus the Edmonton Oilers. There's a lot of nostalgia attached to live hockey, as my dad would take me to games... buy me malts and nachos. Good times. Lisa and I wore team colours to support the Flames. I had to borrow a red shirt, as I don't own one piece of red clothing... looks awful on me. We won 3-0 and were even graced by a fight.

Saturday I saw Grizzly Man with some friends. This link from another random blogger summed up my thoughts on the movie quite well. (Warning: there is some vulgarity, so read at your own risk). Read Here.

Little Miss Avery gave her first talk in primary, which was very sweet. Sunday wrapped up nicely with a dance party with the nieces. Some of the siblings sat out... they were just jealous of the moves Mike, Ted and I could pull off. We called the grandparents in an attempt to manipulate feelings of sadness (hey, they moved away from us). I don't think the re-telling of the scene did it, but if they saw a video of us hooligans dancing around, they'd tear up for sure.

10 comments:

David said...

grizzly man was a can of oily rags just waiting to be lit up.
nice combo, booze, bears, and bipolar.

others have made similar claims to me via my affinity for dungeons and dragons, dim sum, dianetics, and dirty martini's...

T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

Hahaha, AD&D is like Coke times Coke times Unicorns!

I still want to see March of the Penguins, but I've heard a lot of good about Grizzly Man.

Anyone heard of New York Doll, it's a new documentary? Sweet sweetness...

mskaz said...

I think I started the dance party. Just to be clear. And I didn't see anyone else (well other than my 2 year old) being spun around blindfolded and almost peeing themself while trying to follow voices. I *am* the life of the party.

Also, Jason Mulgrew is no "random" blogger. He's one of the 50 most eligible bachelors, according to People magazine. Give the guy some respect.

aisy said...

turning on the music hardly qualifies for starting the dance party... you were too interested in calling the parental units to join in the full on dancing. i would happily have been blindfolded, except dad was giving me a lecture via phone on almost losing my wallet.

hmmm, most eligible bachelor? sign me up?

tod-march of the penguins is fantastic, as is mad hot ballroom. new york doll? sounds interesting.

David said...

in other documentary news:

i'm watching "tarnation" tonight... i've been really excited about it for a while

it's about this guy, and his schizophrenic mother.
March of the penguins is good.
if you are into that... you might also like winged migration. very beautiful, less spoken word, but great cinematography.

aisy said...

ah tarnation... first film i saw alone in a theatre.

the film was made entirely on his mac for under $500 or something like that.

tragic and haunting... yet still rays of hope

T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

I've heard of Tarnation, is it pretty dirty (and I only ask because I ask...)? Like i'm not THAT sensitive but I wasn't sure if there was nastiness... yeah whatever i'm a big boy... Neat concept.

I've seen Winged Migration, absolutely breathtaking, I still don't know how they filmed most of it... The parts where the birds were shot down almost made me cry, really...

PS: March of the Penguins, done... well, almost...

aisy said...

i wouldn't say dirty so much... it is more a portrait of his life, which encompassed some unpleasant moments if you will

T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

Ok yeah, that's great. Is it still in theatres?

aisy said...

nah, i think you'll have to rent it now. i saw it back in april in theatres