9.12.2005

shows to despise


While on holiday here in the US of A, I've stumbled on various ridiculous shows (mostly on MTV). It got me thinking about the television shows that really aren't worth anyone's time. I'm not talking about guilty pleasure viewing, such as my two episode love affair with Tommy Lee, but those truly horrendous shows that make your skin crawl. I've recently ranted about one such show on another blog Popscoff.

Here's my brief list compiled in my head as of tonight:
-My Super Sweet Sixteen (MTV)
-My Fair Brady (VH1)
-The Surreal Life (VH1)
-The Simple Life (Fox)
-The Ashley Simpson Show (MTV)

Shows to watch:
-Arrested Development (Fox)
-The Daily Show (Comedy Central)
-Scrubs (NBC)

Okay, so folks, what shows do you hate? What shows do you love? And why, oh why, can't network producers stop making BAD reality shows?

11 comments:

aisy said...

i'm assuming it ranks as an odious show for you...

T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

Yes!

Arrested Development is fantastic, it's really sad what the masses find entertaining, though it be their God given right to choose, I am still jawbroken, eh, oh well, sorry you had to come to America... Are you going to that Arcade Fire show in Calgary?

Random change of topic-boy,

E>Tod

aisy said...

sold out in a couple of hours, so sadly... no! very tragic indeed.

mskaz said...

I'm thinking that Turk didn't die, because surely I would have read it in People magazine. If I read that rag, I mean.

Ais, they keep making bad reality shows because there are suckers (moi?) that will give almost anything a try. Thank goodness I don't have MTV or VH1. My kids would never be fed. I try to stay away, but I can't.

To your favourites list, I would add Miami Ink. I am hoping that My Name is Earl and Stella will be good.

aisy said...

yes, yes, i forgot about miami ink... it makes me want a tat so bad! and little britian is also good for a laugh.

David said...

current favorites:
the OC
cheap seats

classic favorites:
three's company
growing pains
you can't do that on television
murder she wrote

classic all time worst shows:
cop rock
surreal life
any of the road rules vs. real world thingies on mtv

ngharker said...

...what about that Christopher Lowell* show. Any interior decorator with that much flamboyance, energy, and lack of style, has got my vote...

*(disclaimer: saw it in the cafeteria over lunch, and a saturday night live sketch that wasn't far off from the real thing either)

David said...

the aforementioned snl sketch with fallon, cattan & goodman was absolutely priceless...

"i covered MY phone in satin too!!!!"
"Aahhh-uhhhhhh!"

aisy said...

ninju... nice disclaimer. i haven't even heard of that one. oh, and cop rock, that one was awful.

T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

Ali G is so awesome! The one where he visits the people living in the trees and he tells that guy his song is the worst song he's ever heard. Wow.

I really enjoy the original Law & Order, with Sam Waterson and Gene Hackman, cough, haha...

L B C D said...

Arrested Development has got to be the best show on tv right now. I never thought i would ever do this but I bought the season 1 DVD's and have been just lovin 'em. Another gooder: The Office. Ive only seen it a couple times on a marathon of them, and now I cant ever find it again. It's hilarious, got the guy from the 40 year old virgin. Anybody seen it?