8.24.2005

what did tommy do now?


So I read somewhere that Tommy Lee was doing a reality show. I figured that a series with former Motley Crue drummer, ex-husband to Pamela Anderson, and friend to Backstreet Boy Nick Carter, had to be incredibly stupid. Even the premise seemed to call out for mocking. However, after watching Tommy Lee Goes to College, I have to admit I enjoyed it (quite a bit actually). Sure, there are the typical set up moments, the cheesy voice over narrator, and self-promotion.... but Tommy was surprisingly endearing. His facial expressions were a crack-up, and watching him play in the marching band was priceless. So I'm saying it loud and proud "I'm not ashamed that I will be a repeat viewer to Tommy's escapades at University of Nebraska-Lincoln."

4 comments:

aisy said...

oh shame on you cynical folk. i'm glad to hear that seaneria has indulged in guilty pleasures. and eyun, well, maybe it's not tv, but you've admitted to it in the music genre.

but seriously, how can we get to work on the medieval swordfights? i see a market.

Anonymous said...

that's Prince's Island Park.

David said...

i think it'd be more entertaining to see tommy lee at law school or med school.

everyone knows that nebraska represents the dregs of public education.

[disclaimer... i went to CU... mortal enemy of NU]

seeing TLA struggle through the MCAT or LSAT would be very entertaining.

i'm glad aisy larry knows the sweet fruits of being enchanted by a show many people like to hate.

I can't wait till the OC starts next week...

d

aisy said...

ah i've seen the light... marvelous, i shall never again tease you on your affection for the OC

incidentally, last night's episode wasn't that funny... ah well, jon boy stewart never ever fails me!