10.12.2006

teaching moments at work

I'm all for lessons, and 15 minutes ago I learned my lesson on why you don't mess with candle wax at work. I have a candle warmer and there was a wax bubble developing in my candle. I have pushed the bubbles down before, as it allows me a better view of the melting wax. (It's my form of relaxation during my stressful days). Today was just another ordinary, bubble pushing down day UNTIL wax sprayed everywhere. Wax is on my desk, keyboard, paperwork, skirt, shirt and hair. No amount of washing or scraping will get the remnants off. So, I'm down to my undershirt and jacket as my blouse was the worst hit. What can I say... I'm a class act.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, that's very sad.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eye. At least it sounds like you were quick enough to shut yours. You'll have to do an online search about removing wax. Wax sounds worse than bubble gum. I think I've heard omething about ironing it while placing paper towels under the shirt and in between the shirt and the iron so the wax doesn't spread to them. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Use Goo Gone. You can find it in the household cleaners section of your grocery store. Test it on an inside corner or seam of your garment before applying it to the front to test how it does on the fabric. It's pretty strong stuff. Otherwise, use Peanut Butter; however, test it first too. Peanut Butter can sometimes add oil stains to certain fabrics. Good luck.

-Fellow Wax Mishapper

aisy said...

thanks for the tips... i did get it out by ironing a papertowel over the wax spots. but i think that goo gone will be a good addition in the future, as i tend to spill on myself on a regular basis.

mskaz said...

Goo Gone is awesome. It's great for getting stickers off of glass windows or gum off floor, etc. You know, things that happen when you have kids.

I like playing with candle wax too. It's kind of mesmerizing.