12.20.2006

nice name

On Monday I opened my inbox to see that I had written myself an email. I thought it was strange because I didn't remember sending an email entitled "this is random." Thinking it was spam, I was about to delete it when curiosity got the best of me. I opened it up to discover that my name twin had googled herself and came across an old post of mine. Now, if my name was something common like Jenn Smith I might not find this so odd. Although my last name is fairly common, I have yet to meet another Aislinn. In our several emails we have discovered that we were born in the same year but that her name is pronounced phonetically while mine is the Gaelic pronunciation (Ashlyn). A very random but amusing experience.

7 comments:

Joy said...

that's kind of funny.

Anonymous said...

little D had a friend named Aislinn in his class, she was direct from the land of lucky charms
what country does the other ais live?

Anonymous said...

...and remember your sister getting an email from her name twin (for those that don't know - she has an unusal [we thought] made-up name) wanting to buy her yahoo email address. The net has changed everything.

Anonymous said...

I have about 427 name twins... here in Boston alone; at least a half dozen of whom are lawyers; of which at least one is a criminal lawyer - I used to get a call a week for the wrong lawyer Kelly. I do still get the football player jokes on a regular basis. Ahhh, that one never gets old.

As a follow-up to belmomma's post, the Belmont Aislinn is actually an Aislynn. She and her sisters all have red hair and are very Irish.

aisy said...

the other ais lives in the usa but in the east.

jimmy, i used to be funny and tell people that the football guy was my brother. i don't think they believed me though.

Anonymous said...

beldadda - I guess we gave you a rather Irish, Catholic sounding name. Must fit well out there.

Christopher Stogdill said...

When I went to survival school I did a little internet research (this was before Google) and found a guy about my age living with the same name in South Dakota. I got just the most basic of information and when I was interrogated I thought it'd be funny to "spill" information about this other guy.

For a very brief moment they thought they might have the wrong personnel file (the cadre has detailed files on the students)...that lasted about 15 seconds. Later I learned that type of "trick" is totally the wrong thing to do, but the initial resistance training is all about doing stuff wrong.

At least you seemed to have a good experience with your "twin".