1.16.2008

changes

The years change, the seasons change, and inevitably so does life. We're not far in to the new year and a lot is changing in my life. One of my BFF's adopted a beautiful baby girl this month. I'm ecstatic for them but it will invariably change the amount of time we can spend out and about. My own life will soon take a sudden change as I accepted a supervisor position within my company but on the girls campus. No longer will I be surrounded by hormonal teenage boys. I'll get to deal with emotional teenage girls (along with all the other parts to my new job). I'm excited for the advancement but it is bittersweet. Telling the boys today was one of the hardest days of my professional life. I barely know any of the staff over there so it will be like starting fresh. However, a raise never hurts!

Heck, I even changed my hair colour (albeit slightly) this year.

All this change is good. And although I'm nervous, I'm excited for what lies ahead.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats on the job change Ais, after a couple months you'll be right into the swing of things!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion! We still need to catch up!

aisy said...

i know! i'm awful. i'm headed to phoenix this weekend, but next week i promise!

thanks belmomma. i'm excited but just feeling so tired.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How did the boys take it?

Jessica said...

Congrats on your promotion. I'm sure it will be hard but the girls will probably love you as much as the boys.

I would e-mail you if I had your address but did Amie talk to you about doing the Wasatch Back race with us? We're trying to get a count of who is for sure in before the 31st.

Anonymous said...

we need a pic of the new hairdo!

aisy said...

yeah, sorry. i'll try. the dark is already fading out since i only did a semi-permanent. i'll see if pops took a pic at christmas that would show the first stage of the darkness. i need to get a permanent done cause i really loved it!