1.14.2008

only on a monday

As if getting up Monday mornings aren't bad enough, I torture myself by swimming every Monday. I like swimming but I hate chlorine. I also hate getting up early. This morning i drove to the gym only to realize that I forgot my toiletry bag. I'm furious with myself and drive back home as quickly as possible. In my haste, I am not paying attention to the container full of milk (for my after workout breakfast). After taking a corner a little too fast I look down only to see the milk everywhere. This is one of those moments when you CAN cry over spilt milk. The floor mat was sopping wet and the smell of vanilla soy milk penetrated throughout the car. I have yet to make it to the car wash to soap it down but it's not something I'm particularly excited about in below freezing weather.

So to recap, my drive to the gym took 45 minutes instead of 15. I spilled milk all over the passenger side floor (and it still smells). And I can smell chlorine on me with even the slightest movement.

Mondays. I hate them.

6 comments:

Liz said...

What a sucky morning! I'm impressed that you still went to the gym. At that point, after the milk spilled, I think I would have accepted that as a valid excuse not to go. Although, it wouldn't take much to get me to not go to the gym. :) And yes, we do need to catch up. Give me a call or email anytime.

Anonymous said...

Ya, I agree with liz! I would have just said it was fate and therefore I shouldn't go to the gym. But we all know that my will power to work out is the size of an atom. Hope that your Monday wasn't any indication of how your week will go.

Anonymous said...

That smell is tough to get out! I had a bad experience once and the only thing that would remove the smell was... cat urine remover. Something about biological enzymes. Remember, it's cat urine remover, not the cat urine that you need!

Oh yeah, Mondays suck.

Anonymous said...

See this is why I don't bother with working out. Too much hassle.

Vanilla soy milk, anyhow? Freaking hippie.

aisy said...

hippie? no, i just try to avoid extra dairy and the vanilla makes it bearable.

anon... are you serious? dang. where can i get it?

liz and dor, the thought of going back to bed after that fiasco would likely get me more angry. i needed to blow off steam

Anonymous said...

Pet store. There is one brand that is better than the rest. Google spilt milk and cat urine. Natures something I think.