2.23.2009

laminate and carpet and tiles... OH MY!

Yes folks, I finally committed to a (town)home. After much deliberation I went with a new home which means I get to decide on carpet, flooring and bathroom tiles. Although it's extremely exciting, it's also exceptionally stressful. For those that know me, I am indecisive by nature. So imagine the joy it is for those around me as I try to debate on what I should do. All that echos in my mind is "What if you screw up and the place looks awful?" This is a house, not just an outfit I wear for a day. If it doesn't come together, it's not a cheap fix. I'm relying heavily on some friends to use their expertise and steer me in the right direction. I will post pictures when there are some... until then, my mind is pretty focused on all of this. But by the end of March, I hope to have my wits about me AND my new home. So be patient and stay tuned. 

I'm all (mostly) grown up!!

7 comments:

Liz said...

Wow!! Congrats! I don't envy the decision making though! I was kind of glad that our house was a spec home when we bought it, so although it was new, I didn't have to make any of the decisions. Good luck with that!!

Penny said...

So much fun!! Good luck with all the choices!! Are you really an amiable personality; I would have thought more DOMINANT!! HAHA

ngharker said...

Hey Congratulations,
Now you can be house broke like the rest of us.

I am sure the new place will look great.

aisy said...

Never said I was amiable Penny. Far from it. Ha ha.

Thanks Liz. It's exciting.

And Graham, I'm glad that it's still more affordable down here than back home. Lisa was choking when I told her what I got for the price. Ha ha. But yes, I am joining the fold of house poor!

mskaz said...

Looking forward to seeing it!! Less than a month!

Anonymous said...

congrats aisy! You will LOVE it, and I'm sure you'll make great choices for your place.

Dorienne said...

Can't wait to see the new place. And no, we aren't eating more organic, just wanting to live more "organic" (simple).