8.19.2008

fatigue


Is it possible to get Olympic fatigue? Just as I started to get over-saturated on swimming and gymnastics, track and field starts. So now my interest has been rekindled. Yet, I find most of the sprinters much more arrogant than the other athletes. It's not as though there is anything of interest on television, so I appreciate this over re-runs. And although I find these athletes incredibly inspiring, I can honestly say that I'm glad there will be another two years before I endure 24 hours a day of Olympics. Am I alone in this?

PS-Brilliant idea that they began alternating Summer and Winter Olympics. I couldn't imagine doing this twice in a year.

5 comments:

Supercords said...

I'm right there with you. I'm currently reading the blogs of strangers, just so I can get a decent buffer on my DVR so I can watch the beach volleyball match commercial free. Why are the events I want to watch always on so late?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I too concur - but because of the lack of any decent shows on TV - I flip between 3 channels - the US feed, CBC and the French CBC - I think we're hard-wired to watch in case we glimpse that rare Canadian medal.

aisy said...

at least you have cbc! i only have nbc to choose from.

and supercords... i hear you. i dvr'd mine the other day and it was so much that it wiped out all my shows. so, now i deal with the live feed and have to watch mccain and budweiser ads over and over

Supercords said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I have to watch what I record EVERY day, or else it would overload my machine. 1 day's worth of Olympics from one channel, in HD, is like 75% of my hard drive. I manage though.

mskaz said...

I would like to chime in late to say that my countrymen won GOLD in Water Polo. Oh yeah babyeee! Three Olympic gold in a row! My distant cousin twice removed, Tamas Kasas won his third gold.

Dominators!