8.31.2008

relief...

As of today, the worst roommate in my history of shared living existence is gone. My one regret is that I didn't get a chance to photograph some of her decorative gems. The stainless steel pigs ran a close second to the fake grapes. The fridge is no longer littered with Napoleon Dynamite magnets. The permanently fixed dish rack is a thing of the past. The dozens (note the pluralization) of dishes have been packed. I don't trip over furniture in the living room. The drama that was her life is now for the ears of her new roommate. It's all gone. GONE, GONE, GONE.

I can breathe again. Inhale, exhale. Wonderful. God is Good.

5 comments:

annette said...

I know about bad roommates. Trust me. One college roommate got hooked on ecstacy towards the end of the school year and invited skiddy looking strangers to sleep on our living room floor...oh yeah, and in my bed when I was out of town.

Other prime roommates threw drunken parties until 4 in the morning every school night when I had to be at class by 8am.

Sometimes my current roommate leaves diet coke and fresca cans all over the house, but other than that he isn't so bad. Probably the best I've had yet.

Dorienne said...

You should buy a house. No one to bother you but yourself! I'm so glad I don't have roommates anymore.

mskaz said...

Love it. So are you guys getting a new one?

aisy said...

yeah, she moved in yesterday. so far, so good. her alarm did go off for an exceptionally long time this morning, but i can deal with that.

annette... druggies? drunken parties? man, you think you did your degree in stone, cold sober utah. ha ha.

dor, if i could afford to live on my own and still have a comfortable lifestyle, i would. i don't want to be house poor. so, i deal with the aggravation.

brooke said...

Yay!!! Finally. hopefully the new roommate is better. Sometimes my roommate is pretty annoying too... but I don't think he's leaving anytime soon. Just kidding... I sure hope he's not leaving!