7.15.2006

somewhere over the rainbow


I have noticed a disturbing trend in my closet... a substantial amount of stretch t's from the GAP. It started out innocently enough. I would see a cute colour for a reasonable price and pick it up. I added the light pink t-shirt last week when it was on sale for $4. It was a killer deal for a good quality, basic shirt. However, now that I own almost every colour, I feel rather silly. Am I losing my style? Have I become a boring dresser? Am I too cheap to care? Am I the only one that has fallen prey to the multiple clothing item in different shades?

At least I know my style at work is holding strong. A new coworker commented that I am the best dressed female at work. He also noted that he knew I would be cool because of my glasses. As a side note, he also said he could tell the kind of music I listened to because of my eyewear. I don't necessarily buy in to judgments of personality or tastes based on accessories but I'll take compliments where I can get them.

As for the blog, it will likely be on a brief hiatus while I refill my family tank in Calgary. Perhaps this holiday will bring back some of my creativity that has been sorely lacking.

3 comments:

elisabeth said...

haha that's funny. plain shirts like that are so easy to wear though because they go with everything and you don't have to be in a certain mood to wear them. for a while a found myself gravitating towards anything brown or blue, then i added green. i have to consciously stop myself from buying the same clothes.
hey, at least your glasses are cool.

David said...

nothing wrong with being a bargain shopper. but there is something wrong with being a boring shopper.

it is a fine line... and a distinction only you can make ms. aisy

Joy said...

I should take out my collection of gap favorite t's...most of which I bought for 4-7 dollars too. I was doing a mental inventory for my next trip and realized that I'm pretty much a walking gap advertisement