7.04.2006

after the fireworks

Tonight fireworks blaze on each side of the darkened streets. As I drive the streets I see children up past their bedtime, faces aglow with the excitement. I'm mesmerized by the sight and sound of it all.

I hope these little ones keep this spine tingling feeling all their life. Remember those small moments when your family was happily gathered together. Never let your dreams dissolve in to the night sky. Your potential is as bright as the fireworks reaching upward.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That photo was always one of my favourites!
Firworks are magical - glad we took them in this past Canada day.

mskaz said...

I think a certain auntie is getting excited to come home!

That's one of my favourite pics too. Amazing that such a chunk could fit into that drawer.

Joy said...

there's something amazing about fireworks.

Rebus said...

fiiire..fiiiire... i love fiiire.... :)