1.16.2007

current list

There have been a few things that have been annoying me lately so I have decided that it is list time again.

1. I have a penchant for celebrity gossip. It's trash and ridiculous but it helps me decompress from stressful work days. I will often peruse the different online articles but have become disenchanted. While I recognize that my literary skills can be lacking this type of journalism drives me (to quote Gwen) B-A-N-A-N-A-S. Cuz, like, you know, like I really want to like, read an article like as if it was written by a 15 year old or like Paris Hilton cuz like if it's about celebs then like it should be totally like, written all fun and silly and become really, zoinks, ha ha, irritating to read. I'm an educated reader who wants to occasionally read the dish without being insulted by ridiculous writing.
2. I hate that chlorine sticks to my body after showering and putting pretty smelling lotion on. It is particularly distasteful when I work out the next day and smell like a swimming pool. I am starting to rethink this whole triathlon training because I am not sure I can tolerate the next 7 months of weekly reeking of chlorine.
3. My landlord happens to be a on cruise the same week one of our pipes freeze. It has left us without cold water in the kitchen but more importantly, my toilet tank has not been refilling. Thank you mother nature for record setting cold.
4. Dry hands, dry hands, dry hands. I slather on the lotion repeatedly only to find them just as dry as they were five minutes ago. I had eczema as a kid and I think I currently have it on my hands. Another shout out to the dry freaking land that I am currently living in. I will never forget my lotion-free week I spent in Mexico. Now that was bliss.
5. The spell-check on blogger is by far the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. Words it does not recognize in this post: disenchanted, eczema, triathlon, slather, and blogger. I did have them all spelled correctly to begin with.

4 comments:

Dainon. said...

I appreciate your anger. And I am in your corner. I applaud you.

Jill said...

I have the opposite problem. My skin cleared up in Utah and when I moved to Honduras, I became a crater faced kid again.

mskaz said...

It's pretty funny that Blogger spell checks the word blogger.

I hate dry hands as well. Glysomed or however it is spelled is pretty awesome. It's not as fun as other pretty smelling lotions, but it sure makes the hands smooth.

My current irritation is that I drive a van and I hate it and that makes me feel vain. Let's face it - vans scream Soccer Mom and I realized that when I insisted I have one. And now 3+ years later I want to get rid of it, even though it is a practical vehicle.

Pity me, my life is SO complicated.

Joy said...

dry hands drive me batty. Even out here in the winter, its a problem.