3.28.2007

go figure!

Thanks to Sherpa's blog for this fun little quiz. Yeah, guess I still have a Canadian accent... phew!
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central
 

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

The Midland
 
The West
 
The Inland North
 
Boston
 
The South
 
Philadelphia
 
The Northeast
 
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was the 'west', as long as I didn't get Boston as number one I'm happy...not that I don't like the boston accent...

Sara said...

Even though I am from the West, I apparently sound most like the midlands.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Hey, I DID get Boston, which is extra funny because I'm from South Carolina. Maybe I don't know how I really sound?

Anonymous said...

Inland North for me - but no - I've never been asked if I'm from Wisconsin or Chicago. Usually it's 'are you from New Zealand?' Fun quiz.

Sara said...

Ansley,
You do NOT sound like you are from Boston. But then again, you don't really sound like you are from SC either, except when you try to be.