3.19.2007

things i've learned in 2007 (so far)

I know that the lessons of the year are far from over, and if the first three months of this year are any indication, I'm in for copious amounts of learning. Here is a short list of the more profound:

1. Always trust my instincts. If something seems fishy, it probably is. I won't expand on this one but my gut doesn't often let me down. Had I trusted it sooner on a certain issue, I may have avoided some frustrating and sad moments. Don't worry dear readers, I am better than ever. The stumbles make you more aware of the rocks.

2. Trying something new can be disgusting, yet entertaining. I had another Vernal weekend and this time I was braver than ever. I will have pictures to post soon so I don't want to ruin too many surprises but it does involve gloves and cows. That's right. Ewwwww.

3. Life without friends and family wouldn't be much of a life at all. They make the joys so much more joyful and the pains more tolerable.

4. A well-timed compliment can make my week. One of the aerobic instructor's at the gym said something really nice to me last week and I appreciated my reflection in the mirror just a little bit more.

5. Taking some time to just enjoy the kids I work with has made a huge difference. When we joke outside of therapy, I am reminded that these are teenage boys who desperately want to feel and be treated normal. The more normal they are treated, the better they get. However, I still think they are the strangest creatures... boys are weird and gross. I'm glad I'm a girl.

What lessons have you learned thus far?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have learned that condo renos are of the devil and that one should always observe the jewish recreational sabbath.

Sara said...

I've learned:

to live without judgment of myself, warts and all.

that living without a roommate is heaven.

that I still don't like short courtships...especially when experienced by a sibling.

that it is sometimes good to keep my opinions, especially those concerning courtships, to myself...or at least kept from my sibling.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

Without the pictures I'm not sure what exactly happened with the cows but sounds like it could have been a lot worse without the gloves.

Anonymous said...

I have learned to look at the finer things in life, to look closely at the small things...namely lice and eggs in my kids hair! EWWWW

Above all, I've learned or rather revisited the fact that if you don't laugh at the things life throws at you, you could be doing a lot of crying!!! (we've been doing alot of laughing around here)

Anonymous said...

eagerly awaiting your vernal pics!

aisy said...

eyun, reno's ewwwww

sara, i wish i could learn the lesson of living alone but i love the first thing you've learned.

ansley, amen and amen. it was gross even with gloves.

belmomma, you really have had the year! hope the lice is gone, gone, gone.