3.14.2007

it's march


And I've gone mad. I've never been a huge sports fan, especially watching it on the television. I will watch the occasional hockey game and become a rabid fan if my team is in the playoffs. I grew up as a third party, and often unwilling, participant to my pop's thirst for sports. He watched most any sport, not even to the exclusion of snookers, darts and the occasional bowling game. Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately, this did not rub off on me. So I questioned my sanity when I accepted an invitation to join a pool for the NCAA basketball tournament, more affectionately dubbed "March Madness." Choosing teams based on a very loose understanding of their ranking or just the sound of their name isn't likely to gain my entrance to the winner's circle. At this point I am less concerned with loosing five dollars as I am to loosing to the most asinine employee at my work. Here's hoping a little beginner's luck will edge him out.

The Final: Kansas vs. Georgetown

The Winner: Kansas

Have I gone mad? Questionable

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Nah, it's actually a whole lot of fun and every year I get into it a little bit more. Good choice in Kansas, they actually do have a chance although I chose Memphis all the way.

In my fantasy bracket league my team's name is "The Minuchin Manglers". Mike F's is "Satir's Scavengers". Guess the profession of the people in our pool. :-)

Joy said...

I like March...and I'm looking forward to the tourney although I wish I could watch the games. I only really get into sports when I'm either home (the other 4 people in my family are huge sports fans and I get sucked in) or when the Yanks are in the playoffs, but I read about sports almost daily in the newspaper. I've got Florida to take it.

Sara said...

Pretty consistently the people who don't follow basketball win the office pool with random selections. Its fairly entertaining to see the people who are really into the games to get frustrated by this.

My vote is for Florida. They have most of their team from last year. But I have a soft spot for Georgetown.

aisy said...

i'm currently in a clump for 4th place but i chose duke to go the sweet sixteen so i might be s.o.l. to win BUT i am ahead of the annoying co-worker.

ryan, mft'ers and b-ball... good mix. in honour of the late jay haley.. i would choose haley's hellfire (but i don't really dig his style)