5.11.2007

the answer is...

Urbane: Notably polite or polished in manner. I wish my Dad, err anonymous, was more urbane. It could have avoided several embarrassing childhood moments when he didn't hold his tongue.

Congratulations Andrew on the first correct response.

For a Friday smile:

A few weeks back in group therapy, my co-therapist had the boys do an exercise. They were asked to line their page from A to Z and write a word or phrase that showcased one of their strengths. They were working quietly when one teen put up his hand and asked "what letter does intelligent start with?"

There was silence, then some stifled laughter followed by fits of giggles. I could not refrain from laughing and hid my face behind my paper. My co-therapist, also smiling, said "anyone laughing who wrote 'kind' as a trait should probably erase it." Yup, scratch that off my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is completely hilarious and I love it.