6.03.2007

fever...

The last time I was in a race was 1999 and it was a 5K. Saturday I completed my first triathlon and I think I'm hooked. It was nice to start out with a Sprint distance (scroll down article to see the chart), as I will be doing an Olympic in July.

I loved this photo from the race. I'm not in it and it doesn't quite capture how often you get kicked or hit but it is still cool.


After it was all said and done, I understood why people like to race. I was exhilarated, proud and glad I didn't come in last (which was my biggest fear). While I wasn't in the top of my pack, I ended up finishing not too shabbily... just over an hour and a half. It made all my monotonous workouts worthwhile. Racing gives you something to work toward, helps set new goals and work at beating past times/place. The downside to triathlons are the unflattering wetsuit and spandex. Mmmm boy.

What are you hooked on? I bet you're all hooked on this image...


or this one... (I was determined to beat that guy to the finish, which I did)

5 comments:

Dainon. said...

That's amazing. And here I was all excited to do my lil' half marathon in July. You win, okay?

Joy said...

That's really cool. Love the pix.

aisy said...

thank you, thank you...

dainon, a half marathon is much harder (i think) because it's just running the whole dang time. i am more nervous about doing one in august than i was for this past tri... however the tri in july will likely kick my butt.

Anonymous said...

Hey did Kris give you permission to post that picture? You guys look, um, hotttt?

Anyhow, proud of you sis. You will never find me doing something like that.

Angeler said...

Ta Duh!!!

Cool thing girl! I remember you telling me you were training, but I didn't know when it was.

I'm glad you beat "that guy."