11.13.2005

a few of my favourite things

I thought I would recap the weekend by highlighting a few favourites. Let the fun begin!

MY FAVOURITE:

Quote: "Oh, you're from Calgary? We had some missionaries in this ward a few years ago from there. I can't remember their names now... were there any kids leaving from there in the last couple of years?" I politely smiled and said "there are quite a few LDS members in Calgary, we have seven stakes. So I'm not sure who they might be." I get the feeling that a lot of people may not know that Calgary has a population over a million and a large number of LDS folks. My ultimate favourite is when I'm asked "do you know so and so from Toronto?" That's like me asking a Utahn if they know my buddy from Boston. *sigh

Food: I went for Indian food Saturday night which was delicious. It was followed up by the movie New York Doll. This was a very fascinating film about Arthur "killer" Kane of the New York Dolls. You see the tragedy in his rise and fall but also the glimpse of redemption as he finds new hope in his life. It was also accompanied by a fantastic soundtrack.

Awkward conversation: Hands down was a party I attended Friday night. You can see the synopsis on Popscoff. It still makes me smile reliving it in my mind.

Article of clothing: Okay, this really has been a favourite since I scored them at the puma outlet in Boston back in September. But every time I wear these shoes I am in love. They are so comfortable, and snuggly hug my hard-to-fit-crazy-narrow feet (thanks again mom for passing on that gene). Absolute bliss.


Those are just a few of my favourite things. The weekend would have been a real hit if I could have also listened to Danielle sing this famous song from the Sound of Music, blasting out the wrong verse at the wrong time. Now that was funny!

What are your favourite's from your weekend?

8 comments:

elisabeth said...

when my 2 year old daughter said "boobies" over and over again in an excited tone.

David said...

- seeing ben folds perform with the baltimore symphony orchestra

- preparing my lesson while at work on saturday, thus... getting paid to do my calling

David said...

oh, and also:

"Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles"

but that goes with out saying, right?

aisy said...

that's the best line from the song...

how do you consistently score plush callings? still jealous about BF.

Rebus said...

Babe, so sorry you have to be subjected to the selective Utahan ignorance... My heart goes out to you.

-seeing which tacky outfit our ward's resident 'Farrah'(Faucet) chose to wear.

-showing up to church and seeing all the previous night's 'strange brew' party attendees with rootbeer hang overs, glazed eyes, laughing uncontrollably... and how many were sporting Excedrin smiles.

Anonymous said...

i loved hearing "you're from Canada, EH!" everyday for the 2 years I spent in the states.
oh my gosh that's funny.

Rebus said...

its that or "hey you're a kanuk, eh?"

my apologies all around....but the party was fun.

David said...

aisy.

it's because God really really loves me.

and because he knows that bad teachers infest the church more than looney toon/tabasco/disney ties, white socks, and doc martens.

no seriously, i'm just lucky. i don't know why. i'd like to think i'm destined to be a teacher the rest of my church life.

but that'd be like rolling sevens at a crap table, for 50 years... straight