11.17.2005

H2 Oh @#&%


Water and I have had a turbulent relationship for many years which is not due to my lack of trying. I consistently put water above all other beverages. When dining out I almost always choose water which has nothing to do with being cheap. I just like water... but I am beginning to think the feeling isn't mutual. Almost on a weekly basis I am splashed all over while washing my hands... an embarrassing conundrum when I have to see clients with water splashes all over my pants and shirt. And anyone who has seen me drink water knows that it will likely spill on to my shirt at least 1 time out of 5. Just the other day I was driving to work and a litre of water almost spilled all over me. I was able to catch it in time and only received a healthy spray. I know some may blame me for our problems, saying "you're too clumsy or careless with water." But I try, I really do. I won't give up on water but it's time it took some of the responsibility for our problems!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Water just follows the path of least resistance. If you were to shun water for a while and go with vodka ceasars perhaps things would change. Perhaps water would start making an effort. But hey, by then you may decide you no longer need water. Cheers!

aisy said...

ted... then i'd be an alcoholic rather than treating alcoholics!

eyun... i'm beginning to think water really is the borderline/histrionic of beverages

Rebus said...

I don't know...i think water already gets the shallow end of the pool. we ask so much of it already. we assume it wants to help our plants grow when we pour it. do we ask if it wants to be separated from its familiar molecules? no. it obediently sacrifices itself at our bidding. what thanks do we give? we gulp it down, spray it on our stinky bodies. we make it just sit there while we swim, forcefully inviting it to play. some even have the nerve to yellow it while it plays in the beautiful pools and streams. like thirsty beasts we show our appreciation...(jk...how was that bit of drama?)

i think we have some water that has decided to fight back; concentrating it's efforts solely on aisy. sorry, babe!

Joy said...

the worst is just drinking from a wide top nalgene. I love my trusty nalgene...but it bites back...and when i say bites back....i mean i always get water down the front of me.

aisy said...

i don't even dare to use a wide mouth, the small mouth is difficult enough for me!

ngharker said...

the secret is to embrace the wide top nalgene... if it drips, where it like a trophy. the water splooch is embarassing on if you are embarassed by it. think how the water spot feels. it was a gift to you, and then you make a huge scene. clearly it now has self esteem issues and knows no other way to express itself, but all the while resenting its glorious manifestation. I wonder how the nalgene feels? the awkward instigator just watching the train wreck unfold.

Anonymous said...

i use an outbound wide top bottle.

i'm a loser.

i sort of like water too.