11.20.2005

ode to a friend

Part of the being a blogger means there is that tiny piece of egomania. We write about ourselves, the things we like or don't like, clever musings to amuse others, and a host of other things that represent us. Then we post it for the world to see (or the ten people that actually read it).

Today I shed my narcissism to give a shout out to my good friend. Yesterday he had a momentous birthday and if we still lived in the same city I could participate in the obligatory "happy birthday" celebration. Those awkward events where all the attention is on the birthday boy or girl but is a required passage of age. So I will share my blog with him in hopes he gets that awkward feeling from a computer screen. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAHAM!

Thanks for all the great music to which I will be forever indebted.

(Okay, so this post was also a good excuse to post a picture of Ian, Graham, and I in our team uniforms from our Bumbershoot trip. We were missing Shar, who took this picture of us by the Columbia river. I have to say that although I was initially resistant to the coveralls, they ended up being a great idea. They kept me nice and cozy in the car).

13 comments:

ngharker said...

yeah the jumpsuits are great. thanks to tim, victor and shadrach for the incredible jumpsuits.

T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

I concur. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

Yay yay yay yay!

David said...

happy birthday g-unit.

coveralls/onesies are ALWAYS a good idea. reminds me of Dignan from Bottle Rocket

the picture looks like you are standing on a very large giraffe neck, no?

Habituelle said...

Lovely jumpsuits. I wore a brown one once; blue is much better. :P

Where on the Columbia River were you?

aisy said...

pants... more specifically we were in washington probably several hours outside of seattle (my collection is rather dim from having slept in the car for a few hours in the night then getting back on the road)

mskaz said...

Happy Birthday Graham!

It does look like you are standing on the neck of a giraffe though. Kinda weird.

David said...

this just in:

"canadian's hate giraffe's"

you heard it here first

David said...

omit the superflous apostrophe

damn where's my copy editor

aisy said...

aren't you one?

hey, the giraffe was already dead... we just immortalized it in picture form.

Rebus said...

though i already wished you a happy birthday...i'll say it again with more cyber-like gusto! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, G!

Anonymous said...

Graham, big b-day wishes. A day late...or so, but no less heartfelt. Some from the missus too. I love how we're posting birthday sentiments on aisy's website. Sure hope you check this G.

Joy said...

i love those coveralls.

Anonymous said...

well, uh, happy birthday too, I guess! lol, I know nobody on this site, yet i stumbled across it an dI like it... p'raps I will bookmark it ansd visit from time to time, lol.

Never underestimate overalls!!!