9.29.2006

brief hiatus


I won't be blogging for a bit, as I will be on a journey to my home and native land. The time has come for me to renew my work visa and come Tuesday, I'll find out if I have been granted another year to work in the USA.

Something to ponder in my absence is ATM's in churches. Yesterday NPR reported that pastors etc have decided that since most people just carry cards, ATM's will make donations easier for their congregation. The idea is mildly offensive to me, although there is nothing to say it's wrong. I believe that if someone is really committed to the continuation of their church they will make an effort to remember their cheque book or bring some cash. What's next? Credit card machines in the pews? One easy swipe and your conscience is clean for another week.

Best song of the week: Your Ex-Lover is Dead by the Stars. The vocals and cello are beautiful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How awesome would it be though if I could make my contributions through online banking. Skip the whole ATM thing. Automatic withdrawls. How sweet.

When and how long are you coming back to Canada?

elisabeth said...

yes that is a wonderful song. sigh. i can hear it now...

aisy said...

bryce, i'm here till tuesday. very short trip.

T.Douglas Robbins Esq. said...

online contributions = never stepping a foot in the edifice again. zoom?

"now you're outside me you see all the beauty repent all your sin."

Joy said...

I thought of you:

http://www.threadless.com/product/601/Canada_Living_the_American_dream