9.25.2006

shop till you drop


Want to change your hairstyle without cutting your hair? Do you have unexpected thinning of your hair? Well, look no further as Toni Bratten has teamed up with the Home Shopping Network to sell you this. I stumbled across these gems while flipping channels on my t.v. Unfortunately I can't remember how to block channels so QVC and HSN get several seconds of my time when I'm trying to find something to watch. Sometimes I stop for several minutes, fascinated at the junk that is being hawked. On top of that, the announcers are irritating, the guests are silly and the models look stiff. I enjoy the bright lights on the fake jewels that make them shimmer as though it's a solar eclipse. However, the part I find most interesting is watching the sale counter go up and up on the side of the screen. Several hundred people will drop a good chunk of change on something this awful. In what part of the country is this worth 200 bucks? If you want something this ugly, go to your local dollar store and pick it up for pocket change. Seriously, who buys this crap?

5 comments:

Christopher Stogdill said...

Come on...I can think of several grandmas and great-grandmothers who whould wear such jewelry. Of course the family will probably choose to have the jewelry buried with grans when the time comes.....

Anonymous said...

People who still have a few dollars left after the TV evangelists have given the money tree a good shake.

Jill said...

Actually my grandma buys it and gives it to us as a tasteful gift.

Dainon. said...

Answer: People in the South.

Anonymous said...

I work with a girl whose sister has a HSN problem. She has over 50 rings she has bought from the TV. I cannot relate to that at all.