1.14.2006

tag... you're it


I've come across a new thing on the blogosphere... It's called "tagging." Much like those mass emails you get, other bloggers tag you and then you tag others. Well, my time has come and I've been tagged by tr1c14 from Woman in Comfy Shoes. I'm supposed to share five weird things about me. I think we inherently think all our quirks are normal, so it would almost make more sense for friends and family to write this (although I'm sure they won't hold back in the comment section).

1. I despise the word panties (see post from a few days ago if you haven't already read it)
2. In my early twenties, my sister and I were sitting together in church and she noticed that my third toe on each foot was a different length. I had never noticed.
3. Not that being religious is weird, but people are often surprised to find out I attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (you know... the Mormons). I think that stems more from stereotypes of how we are perceived to be.
4. I pretty much like all food, but I have yet to enjoy olives. I try year after year thinking my tastes will have become refined with age but they still taste icky.
5. This one is going to receive a lot of backlash, but our family had our dead dog in our freezer for a few months. Yes, it was crazy-making but you couldn't see him. I believe he was in a box. We had the intent of burying him when the ground thawed but in the end we just took Jiggs back to the vet to cremate him. Ha ha ha... despite that story, we Kelly's are quite normal. Well, unless you come for Sunday dinners.

So now I have to tag five people:
1. David at Mr. Pulsipher Goes to Washington because he has sent me several of those email things.
2. Lou at Goose Girl because I don't know her that well.
3. Elisabeth at Lisbeth's Fruit Basket for the same reasons I tagged Lou.
4. Danielle at Ms Kaz just to see if she'll ever post something new.
5. Ruby G at Sherpa's Wonderin's to get her back for making me wait to see who I matched up to on the celebrity match-up game.

*I thought it would be appropriate to add a weird picture of me with this post. I was pretty impressed with how big I was able to get my hair this past summer for a "trailer trash", err, manufactured home refuse party.

17 comments:

Cindy Bean said...

Oh my gosh! I've been tagged! Now I have to think about 5 weird things about myself that no one knows. Maybe I'll post the picture of me as an 8th grader. It's prime 8th grade material.

Rebus said...

aww,great pic aisy. very blade runner-ish.

the dog in the freezer? hmm, not too weird considering people are cloning their pets these days..that's wack'd!

elisabeth said...

am i doing this on my own blog or just as a comment on yours?

aisy said...

elisabeth... you do it on your own blog... then you get to tag more!

thanks for your support rebus. most people cough a lung when they hear.

lou, looking forward to the picture!

Rebus said...

no problem... but note some would consider me slightly warped as i once cut off the tail of a dead mama opossum for a scavenger hunt and just to make sure we won the grand prize i included one of her dead babies... yeah, i am a farm girl, not much phases me.

Sara said...

rebus, some things are better left unsaid...

I don't think a dead animal is weird. One time a roommate's tropical fish died and she kept it for months in the freezer. She then got stopped by security at the airport wondering why she was transporting a dead fish to Hawaii. They took pity on her and let her bury Wanda in the paradise of Hawaii.

David said...

aislinn... when did you take that picture?

so... i'm not exactly sure what I have to do?

make a blog post and discuss five things people probably don't know about me?

i'm not sure how i feel about my blog being comandeered by some pyramid-sales scam-chain letter-multilevel-blog deelio...

hmmm...

aisy said...

Hey, no pressure Mr. P. Do what you will, I'm bossy and you're stubborn or is it that you're bossy and I'm stubborn... ah hell. I'll still call you my friend even if you choose not to be "tagged." Basically my understanding is that you are supposed to write 5 weird things about yourself and then tag others. You know, just like those lovely mass emails that you like to send ;)

As for the picture, that was taken in the summer when I went to a "white trash" party. Pretty nasty, the full shots were much lovlier, but perhaps better sent via email.

McOllie... a fish called wanda? She's just lucky it wasn't swallowed by Otto!

Cindy Bean said...

I couldn't find my 8th grade picture. I looked, but it wasn't where it was located in my mind. I'm rather miffed about it.

aisy said...

how tragic! do you want me to lend you my 8th grade pic? it's a gem. i have short hair and big ol' gold hoops i bought in england (that were just sooo cool). i was wearing a black shirt with super bright flowers. gosh, i love those days.

Cindy Bean said...

That's okay, maybe someday I'll find it and I'll do a whole different post. Something like - Cindy - her school pictures.

The 8th grade one was choice though. I have a mint green and white horizontal striped shirt, silver earrings with a bunch of silver feathers on them, my hair is pulled back in a tight barrette and I have the most wicked bang claw.

aisy said...

dang girl... that sounds like a classic... just the feathers alone!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me but you probably shouldn't have a single point that includes dead pets AND Sunday dinner.

Dawn D. Lion said...

Aislinn, we have a lot in common. Olives are the only food I can't stand. And I kept my pet parakeet, "Dinah", in my freezer for six months while I figured out what to do with her.

aisy said...

i'm feeling less strange by the minute... it's nice to not feel alone!

what did you decide to do with Dinah? i'm intrigued.

Dawn D. Lion said...

Belatedly answering:
I hung on to her in my apartment until the end of a semester. I was graduating college so I was feeling a lot of Finality. So I decided to dramatically throw her off of a cliff at the local resevoir. She was, this whole time, frozen in a checkbook box upon which I had inscribed my heartfelt love for the sweet bird. It didn't really go so well. Instead of getting a nice spiralling football throw, the box kind of bounced and scraped along the side. I'm sure some kids found it later that day and thought "WTH is this?" :-D

aisy said...

dawn, that story is absolutley hilarious. at least dinah got her "last flight" albeit bumpy.